The 2017 Volunteer Service Application Process has Closed!
Thank you for all those who have applied for your interest! Please stay tuned for information regarding the 2018 school year volunteer services.
To receive the most up-to-date information regarding the application process, Program dates, and more, we recommend signing up for our newsletter, as well as checking our website and social media accounts regularly. In the meantime, if you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to write us at email@example.com. We look forward to this application cycle and to hearing from you soon!
- Be a native or near-native English speaker
- Have completed a bachelor’s degree from an accredited university by the program start date
- Be between 21 and 35 years old (applicants over 35 will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis)
- Be mentally and physically capable of teaching children
- Be willing to dedicate their energy and time to teaching, and making students their priority
- Have experience living or travelling in another country
- Have an interest in Chilean culture and living in a developing country
- Be highly committed, responsible, and flexible
- Have access to sufficient funds in order to cover personal expenditures throughout the duration of the program
- Assume the associated costs (transportation to consulate, cost of obtaining documents) of obtaining a Temporary Residence Visa before arriving in Chile (direct visa fees from the consulate will be waived)
- Assume the cost of international transportation to Santiago according to the program start date
To learn more about the volunteer role and benefits, we invite you to visit our “Volunteer Roles and Benefits” page, linked here.
The English Opens Doors Program Application Process:
- Candidate fills out and submits application form. Candidate will also download the recommendation form (located here) and send it to their reference person for completion.
- Candidate is contacted by the NVC and asked to submit supporting documents.
- Candidate schedules and carries out an interview with a member of the National Volunteer Center team.
- Candidate will hear from the National Volunteer Center regarding their applicant status approximately 2 weeks after the interview.